I’m not sure where I first saw Olivia de Havilland, but it might have been as Maid Marian in Robin Hood. She shone in her simple but gorgeous costumes, opposite Claude Rains, Basil Rathbone, and Errol Flynn. Over the years, I saw many of her other films, including her beautiful performance as the compassionate Melanie Wilkes in Gone with the Wind.
Olivia turns 104 on July 1st. In her honor, I am hosting the Olivia de Havilland Blogathon. Here is your chance to talk about her, her life, your favorite of her characters, and her many on-screen romances. Olivia charmed us for decades, broke our hearts with her cinematic deaths, and even played a villain. With 42 films to choose from, I hope you will join me in writing about her.
If you would like to contribute, comment with your chosen film(s) to get added to the list. Since this is short notice, please take one of our banners for your sidebar and spread the word – the more Olivia fans the merrier!
Thanks for participating!
- Coffee, Classics & Craziness: Robin Hood / Maid Marian
- Hamlette’s Soliloquy: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- MovieCritic | Movies Meet Their Match: The Dark Mirror
- The Pure Entertainment Preservation Society: To Each His Own
- Taking Up Room: Proud Rebel
- The Pale Writer: Not As A Stranger
- The Sacred in the Secular: My Cousin Rachel
- Whimsically Classic: Her Collaborations with Errol Flynn