The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “LOVELY” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to CONNECT with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
Nominate 15 or more bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
I want to thank Marissa for nominating me. (Sorry it took me forever to get around to doing it!)
Seven Things About Me:
1. I love all animals but my absolute favorite has always been cats. Big cats, little cats. Tigers, lions, tabby cats, Siamese … I am crazy about cats. One of the few pictures we have of me as a little tyke is me holding a kitten with a look of total delight on my face. I’m the sort of Hermione-esque person who will adopt and love a nasty cat, just so SOMEONE is loving it.
2. My pinkie fingers are a quarter of an inch shorter than they should be, in comparison to the length of my other fingers, because they are set so low on the side of my hand. It is a family trait.
3. In my bedroom, the four things I love most are: framed artwork posters of Rhett and Scarlett, a little painted plaster of paris, cross-eyed, blue-eyed Siamese cat I found in a thrift store, and a 1920’s esque square piece of art from Hobby Lobby.
4. I never wear lipstick, because I don’t like how it feels on my lips or how it makes them look.
5. Roses are my favorite flower … and that obsession began before I became a Phantom of the Opera “phanatic.”
6. My first literary crush was (and still is) Sherlock Holmes. My first big-screen crush was Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music. My first television crush was Colin McGregor in Snowy River: The McGregor Saga. My first voice crush was George Sanders, as the voice of Sher Khan in Disney’s animated The Jungle Book.
7. I used to dress up in an authentic dress and bonnet and attend Pioneer School at the local museum when I was a kid. I was an expert “butter churner” (more like … butter shaker … in a glass jar).
I don’t like to choose between friends’ blogs, so if you’re reading this and want to answer the questions, consider yourself officially nominated. 🙂